Dr Veasey is qualified in General Cardiology and has a subspecialty interest in Advanced Rhythm Management - ablation / electrophysiology / both simple and complex pacemakers and ICDs (implanted defibrillators), performing in excess of 400 procedures per year.
He completed his training in the South-East of England at a number of centres including Kings College Hospital and the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
He was appointed as a consultant in 2014 with East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and works primarily at Eastbourne District General Hospital to provide an electrophysiology service for the Trust. He undertakes a complex device list and outpatient clinic at the Conquest Hospital and holds an honorary consultant post at the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
Training & Qualifications
MB BS University College London 2000
MRCP London 2003
EHRA Certified Electrophysiology Specialist 2014
MD(Res) St George's, University of London 2015
Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
British Cardiovascular Society (BCS)
British Heart Rhythm Society (BHRS)
European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)
Ablation for atrial fibrillation
Interventional electrophysiology / ablation
Pacemakers / ICDs / cardiac resynchronisation
- Implantable Loop Recorder for Arrhythmia Detection and Monitoring. Eysenck W, Veasey RA, Patel NR, Funiss S, Sulke AN. EC Cardiology 2017;4.2:42-51
- The natural history of atrial fibrillation in patients with permanent pacemakers: is atrial fibrillation a progressive disease? Veasey RA, Sugihara C, Sandhu K, Dhilon G, Freemantle N, Furniss SS, Sulke AN. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 2015 Oct;44(1):23-30
- The development of AF over time in patients with permanent pacemakers: objective assessment with pacemaker diagnostics demonstrates distinct patterns of AF. Sugihara C, Veasey R, Freemantle N, Podd S, Furniss S. Sulke N. Europace 2015 Jun;17(6):864-70.
- Tissue Doppler-Derived Contractile Reserve Is a Simple and Strong Predictor of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Performance across a Range of Cardiac Diseases. McIntosh RA, Silberbauer J, Veasey RA, Raju P, Baumann O, Kelly S, Beale L, Brickley G, Sulke N, Lloyd GW. Echocardiography 2013 May;30(5):527-33.
- The efficacy of intraoperative atrial radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation during concomitant cardiac surgery – the surgical atrial fibrillation suppression (SAFS) study. Veasey RA, Segal OR, Large JK, Lewis ME, Trivedi UH, Cohen AS, Hyde JAJ, Sulke AN. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 2011 Oct;32(1):29-35.
- It’s good to talk! Changes in coronary revascularisation practice in PCI centres without onsite surgical cover and the impact of the Lifestream angiography video conferencing system. Veasey RA, Hyde JAJ, Lewis ME, Trivedi UH, Cohen AC, Lloyd GW, Furniss SS, Patel NR, Sulke AN. Int J Clin Pract 2011 Jun;65(6):658-63.
- The relationship between right ventricular pacing and atrial fibrillation burden and disease progression in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: the long-MinVPACE study. Veasey RA, Arya A, Silberbauer J, Sharma V, Lloyd GW, Patel NR, Sulke AN. Europace 2011 Jun;13(6):815-20.
- The evaluation of pulmonary vein ablation and wide area left atrial ablation to treat atrial fibrillation in patients with implanted permanent pacemakers: The previously paced pulmonary vein isolation (P3VI) study. Veasey RA, Silberbauer J, Schilling RJ, Morgan JM, Paul V, Furniss SS, Sulke AN. Heart 2010 Jul;96(13):1037-42
- All is not lost: utilising continuous remote ILR monitoring to diagnose syncope. Hong PS, Veasey RA, Sulke N. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2010;33(6):763-5
- The usefulness of minimal ventricular pacing and preventive AF algorithms in the treatment of PAF: the ‘MinVPace’ study. Veasey RA, Arya A, Freemantle N, Silberbauer J, Patel NR, Lloyd GW, Sulke AN. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 2010 Jun;28(1):51-7
- The effect of bipole tip-to-ring distance in atrial electrodes upon atrial tachyarrhythmia sensing capability in modern dual-chamber pacemakers. Silberbauer J, Arya A, Veasey RA, Boodhoo L, Kamalvand K, O’Nunain S, Hildick-Smith D, Paul V, Patel NR, Lloyd GW, Sulke N. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2010 Jan;33(1):85-93
- The relationship between right ventricular apical pacing and atrial fibrillation burden in a paroxysmal atrial fibrillation population. Silberbauer J, Veasey RA, Freemantle N, Arya A, Boodhoo L, Sulke N. Europace 2009;11:1456-61
- Electrophysiological characteristics associated with symptoms in pacemaker patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Silberbauer J, Veasey RA, Cheek E, Maddekar N, Sulke N. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 2009 Oct;26(1):31-40.
- Validating optimal function of the closed loop stimulation sensor with high right septal ventricular electrode placement in 'ablate and pace' patients. Silberbauer J, Hong PS, Veasey RA, Maddekar NA, Taggu W, Patel NR, Lloyd GW, Sulke N. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 2009 Oct;26(1):83-9.
- Defining exercise synchrony in fit young adults: a tissue Doppler study. Silberbauer J, Veasey RA, Mullan P, Brickley G, Beale L, Dholakia HH, Carr-White G, Sulke N, Lloyd GW. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008;21:808-12
- A randomised controlled trial comparing StarClose and AngioSeal vascular closure devices in a district general hospital - the SCOAST Trial. Veasey RA, Large JK, Silberbauer J, Paul G, Patel NR, Lloyd GW, Sulke AN. Int J Clin Pract 2008;62:912-8.
- Second thoughts. Behan MW, Veasey RA, Higson M, Sulke AN. BMJ 2005;331:1552
- Interaction between warfarin and topical miconazole cream. Deveraj A, O’Beirne JP, Veasey R, Dunk AA. BMJ 2002;325:77